Experience and expertise
Our Directors have over 60 years’ combined experience in the travel industry, plus they’re genuine India experts who not only love this unique country but they also know all there is to know about creating the best tours of India from the UK. As a Distant Journeys customer then, you can be sure our tours are of the highest standard and include the very best that India has to offer.
Plus, all of our Indian touring packages are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
India holiday highlights
There is so much India has to offer, and depending on which tour you choose, here are just some of the highlights you might experience:
- Delhi Explore the bustle of Old Delhi and the tree-lined boulevards of New Delhi.
- Jaipur No tour of the ‘Pink City’ would be complete without a trip to the Amber Fort
- Ranthambore National Park Spend two nights among the ruined fortresses and exotic animal inhabitants of this heritage site.
- The Taj Mahal Arguably the most beautiful building in the world.
- Amritsar’s Golden Temple – Sikhism’s holiest shrine and one of India’s most breath-taking sights
- Varanasi The spiritual home of India, on the banks of the River Ganges
- Kerala’s backwaters including a cruise and visit Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
We understand that good accommodation plays a big part in your holiday, which is why we generally use hotels in India with at least a four-star rating. Not only that, but our carefully selected collection of hotels are all situated in the best locations for you to explore – or simply enjoy your surroundings.
So many experiences included
When you choose an India tour with Distant Journeys, you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences that come at no extra cost. From a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi and two canter safaris in Ranthambore National Park, to visiting the Taj Mahal and Amritsar’s Golden Temple – they’re all included in the price of your holiday.
Our India tours include
- Return economy class flights with Emirates / Virgin Atlantic
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included
- Extra meals as highlighted in your choice of itinerary
- Experienced local tour managers and drivers
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
Here at Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that your escorted tour of India needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
Well, that’s entirely up to you! On A Journey Through India the Highlights of India and The Very Best of India tours, our flights with Emirates depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow. Alternatively, you can opt to fly with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow at a supplement of £125 per person on selected itineraries.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. We build in Freedom Days, allowing you to do just that. Whether you’d like to visit the Lotus Temple, have dinner with members of the Rajput royal family in their home or visit an organic farm, it’s all about what you’d like to do.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? If you’d like to extend your stay in India after your holiday, simply let us know. Arranging alternative flights home is all part of our service.
Book your place on a Highlights of India, Journey Through India or Very Best of India escorted tour before 30th November 2019 and you can take advantage of one of two special launch offers.
To help break up your journey (and give you an opportunity to experience a fantastic city),as you enjoy a two night stopover in Dubai on the homeward journey for the very special price of just £29 per person, based on two sharing. Your offer includes two nights bed and breakfast accommodation in the deluxe Marriott al Jaddaf Hotel, and return airport – hotel transfers. Single travellers will pay £58 for this offer.
Fly direct to and from India, with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow, for only £29 per person. The usual supplement is £125 per person. NB Option 2 is not available on The Very Best of India tour, as flights must be with Emirates.
Please note: These offers only apply to tours departing from September 2020.