Experience and expertise
Our Directors have over 60 years’ combined experience in the travel industry, plus they’re genuine India experts who not only love this unique country but they also know all there is to know about creating the best tours of India from the UK. As a Distant Journeys customer then, you can be sure our tours are of the highest standard and include the very best that India has to offer.
Plus, all of our Indian touring packages are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
India holiday highlights:
There is so much India has to offer, and depending on which tour you choose, here are just some of the highlights you might experience:
- Delhi Explore the bustle of Old Delhi and the tree-lined boulevards of New Delhi.
- Jaipur No tour of the ‘Pink City’ would be complete without a trip to the Amber Fort
- Ranthambore National Park Spend two nights among the ruined fortresses and exotic animal inhabitants of this heritage site.
- The Taj Mahal Arguably the most beautiful building in the world.
- Lucknow A city with rich, colonial history
- Varanasi The spiritual home of India, on the banks of the River Ganges
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
We understand that good accommodation plays a big part in your holiday, which is why we generally use hotels in India with at least a four-star rating. Not only that, but our carefully selected collection of hotels are all situated in the best locations for you to explore – or simply enjoy your surroundings.
So many experiences included
When you choose an India tour with Distant Journeys, you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences that come at no extra cost. From a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi and two canter safaris in Ranthambore National Park, to visiting the Taj Mahal and morning boat ride on the River Ganges – they’re all included in the price of The Golden Triangle & Ranthambore and A Journey Through India tour.
Our India tours include
- Return economy class flights with Emirates / Virgin Atlantic
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £219 per person
- Extra meals including dinner at the Amber Fort in Jaipur
- Experienced local tour managers and drivers
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
Here at Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that your escorted tour of India needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
Well, that’s entirely up to you! On both The Golden Triangle & Ranthambore and A Journey Through India tours, our flights with Emirates depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow. Alternatively, you can opt to fly with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow at no extra cost. All you’ll need to do is decide which location you’d like to travel from.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. We build in Freedom Days, allowing you to do just that. Whether you’d like to visit the Lotus Temple, have dinner with members of the Rajput royal family in their home or visit an organic farm, it’s all about what you’d like to do.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? If you’d like to extend your stay in India after your holiday, simply let us know. Arranging alternative flights home is all part of our service.