Japan experience and award-winning expertise
Our Directors have a combined experience of over 60 years in the travel industry, meaning you can be confident that our Japan tour is of the highest standard. On top of this, they’re genuine escorted touring experts who know everything there is to know about creating the best Japan tour packages from the UK.
We are seven-time winners at the prestigious British Travel Awards and have been awarded Feefo’s highest Platinum Trusted rating.
All our escorted tours to Japan are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
Japan holiday highlights
Escorted tours to Japan have many and varied highlights, and below are just some you will experience on the Distant Journeys Very Best of Japan tour:
- Tokyo – a leisurely three night stay in this amazing city, with 2 days of fantastic sightseeing and the opportunity to make sushi included
- Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park – enjoy stunning scenery, a cruise on Lake Ashi and a cable car ride into the volcanic Owakudani Valley
- Mount Fiji – you’ll have ample opportunities to view Japan’s most iconic mountain, including a 2 night stay in the Fuji Five Lakes region
- Takayama – set in the spectacular Japanese Alps explore the picturesque old town lined with traditional houses, shops and restaurants
- Shirakawa-go – visit this unique UNECSO protected village, surrounded by the dramatic mountain landscape
- Kanazawa – a traditional Japanese breakfast, the spectacular Kenroku-en garden and a visit to a Samurai house are just some of the included sightseeing
- Kyoto – the cultural capital of Japan, enjoy some of the country’s most spectacular temples and shrines, during our three night stay
- Dinner with a Maiko – a unique opportunity to dine with a Maiko, an apprentice Gisha, who will perform traditional song and dance
- Bullet Train – take a ride on Japan’s famous train
- Hiroshima – learn the history, the thought provoking museum and the Memorial Peace Park
- Korakuen Garden – explore the second of Japan’s top three gardens and the pretty Bikan Chiku historical area of Kurishiki
- Himeji Castle – explore the magnificent finest surviving feudal castle in Japan
- Nara – meet the deer that roam freely through the city and who will bow for a treat
- Osaka – visit the famous streets around Dotombori for excellent street food
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
Distant Journeys appreciate the hotels in which you stay are an integral part of your holiday enjoyment, which is why we take great care in hand-picking all the accommodation features in our tours to Japan. Location and quality are always paramount considerations, and we strive to provide the best of both.
So many unforgettable experiences included
Visit Japan with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many amazing experiences, at no extra cost. From dinner with an apprentice Geisha, to a journey on the bullet train, they’re all included in the price of your Japan tour package.
Our Japan tour includes
- Return economy class flights
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £380 per person
- Several lunches and dinners sampling regional specialities
- Experienced tour managers and local guides
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of Japan needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
The choice is yours. On our 20-day Very Best of Japan tour, our flights with Cathay Pacific depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester. Alternatively, travel direct with to Tokyo with ANA from London Heathrow (supplement from £295 per person). Just pick whichever one suits you best.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Very Best of Japan tour has a variety of included experiences plus some free time for you to do whatever you choose.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? If you would like to extend your stay in Japan after your tour, you can! Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service. Or why not choose to make the most of your homebound journey and extend your holiday in either Hong Kong or Dubai?
When booking onto our Very Best of Japan tours departing from September 2021, you will save £200 per person when booking your place before 30th November 2020. Please call our team for more details.