The true Australasian experts
Our directors are true Australasian holiday experts who know everything there is to know about creating the best possible escorted tours of Australia. They have 60 years combined experience in the travel industry.
They are four-time winners at the prestigious British Travel Awards and have been awarded Feefo’s highest Platinum Trusted rating for consistently achieving exceptional customer feedback.
All our touring packages are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
If more proof were needed about the quality of our Australian tours, Distant Journeys was delighted to win the British Travel Awards’ ‘Best Small Holiday Company to Australasia’ award in November 2016 and again in 2017 and 2019. We know how good our tours are, and people who have already travelled with us know this too, but to have our tours to Australia officially recognised by such a prestigious organisation makes us very proud.
Don’t miss out on New Zealand
If you’re already thinking of travelling to the other side of the world to tour Australia, why not nip over to New Zealand while you’re there? The 30-day Highlights of Australia and New Zealand tour combines all the countries’ best bits – making the most of your trip down under. And if you want to make the ultimate touring experience you can combine our full Australia and New Zealand tours to create one of three itineraries of between 40 and 54-day durations.
Australia tour holiday highlights
Our escorted tours of Australia have many contrasting highlights. Below are just some you may experience dependent on your choice of tour.
- Melbourne – with opportunities to see the Great Ocean Road and the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island
- Adelaide – a wonderful garden city with the beautiful Barossa Valley within easy reach
- Kangaroo Island – experience the unique native wildlife and spectacular scenery
- The Ghan – an iconic rail journey through Australia’s outback
- Alice Springs – home of the Flying Doctor Service
- Uluru (Ayers Rock) the world’s largest and most impressive monolith
- Perth – a laid back city on the Indian Ocean
- Darwin – the capital of the Northern Territory
- Cairns – surrounded by tropical rainforest, experienced perfectly with the Kuranda rail journey
- Great Barrier Reef – our guests spend a full day on the outer barrier reef, including lunch
- Sydney – with Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge it’s little surprise this is one of the world’s favourite cities.
Take a look at what makes a leisurely and flexible tour with Distant Journeys so special. Our unhurried guided tours generally spend two or three nights in each destination, we include superior hotels and you are guided throughout by your experienced and friendly Tour Manager.
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
We know that your accommodation in Australia is an extremely important part of your holiday, which is why we generally use hotels with a four-star rating. Not only that, but we carefully select hotels in Australia which offer the best locations for you to explore.
All aboard an iconic, all-inclusive rail journey
Just another highlight on some of our escorted tours is an overnight rail journey on The Ghan. You can watch the country’s incredible landscapes unfold before you as you relax in complete all-inclusive comfort where all your meals and drinks are included.
So many experiences included
Visit Australia with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences, at no extra cost. From hopping into a boat for a sumptuous lunch cruise around Sydney Harbour or adventuring to the more elusive areas of the Outer Barrier Reef, they’re all included in the price of your Australian tour.
Our Australia tours include
- Scheduled flights with Qantas / Emirates
- A selection of UK departure airports
- A choice of outbound stopovers
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast, worth up to £462 per person and some extra meals
- Experienced local tour managers
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- Our Price Promise
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of Australia needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
It’s up to you! On our 22-day Wonders of Australia tour, 29-day Very Best of Australia tour and 19-day Essential Australia, you can choose to travel with the Qantas and Emirates partnership from any of the following airports; London Heathrow, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow. Just pick which is most convenient. For our 17-day Discover Australia tour, you can choose to fly from Manchester of London Heathrow with Etihad Airways.
Where would you like to stop over?
You can choose to break up your travel with an outbound stopover in Dubai or Singapore on our Wonders of Australia tour and Very Best of Australia tour . Whichever sounds best to you, we include it in the price of your Australian tour package.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility and freedom to spend time as you please and enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Freedom Days allow you to do exactly that. So be it a behind-the-scenes tour of Sydney Opera House or dinner under the stars at Uluru, it’s all about what you want to do.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? So why not extend your holiday to visit family and friends? Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service.
There are currently no offers available for our 2020/21 season Australia tours. Please check back soon for our fantastic 2021/22 season offers, or give our team a call for more details.