Discovering New Zealand with Distant Journeys
To ensure you can really absorb the country’s stunning landscapes, vibrant cities and rich Maori culture, you’ll generally stay in each destination for two or three nights.
Travel with the Award Winners
In November 2016, Distant Journeys was named as the ‘Best Small Holiday Company to Australasia’ at the highly respected British Travel Awards, and again in 2017. The awards are in recognition of the quality of our tours to New Zealand and voted for by the public, so you can book your New Zealand tour with Distant Journeys safe in the knowledge that you’re travelling with an award-winning company.
Enjoy complete peace of mind
We take great pride in putting together the best guided New Zealand tours possible. We’re lucky to benefit from the unique knowledge and experience that our Directors gained between them over the 60 years they’ve been in the travel industry. Plus, you can rest assured that our holidays are fully bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can book knowing your money is 100% safe!
Why not add Australia to your itinerary?
To really make the most of their journey to the other side of the world, we find that many people who visit New Zealand want to visit Australia too. Our fabulous 28-day Highlights of Australia & New Zealand Tour provides the perfect holiday for you to compare and contrast these fascinating destinations. If this sounds like a fantastic idea, then combining one of our New Zealand tours with one of our tours of Australia may be the perfect holiday for you. See our Australia and New Zealand combination tours for more details.
New Zealand holiday highlights
Our tours to New Zealand have so many highlights. You can enjoy some of these and more…
- Christchurch and the Canterbury Plains
- The TranzAlpine rail journey across the Southern Alps
- Queenstown on the shores of beautiful Lake Wakatipu
- Milford Sound cruise
- Dunedin with its wonderful architecture
- Franz Josef Glacier two nights spent in this beautiful region
- Nelson home to beautiful wineries and Abel Tasman National Park
- Wellington – New Zealand’s vibrant capital city
- Napier – an Art Deco city swith wonderful Hawkes Bay near by
- Rotorua including entry into Te Puia Thermal Reserve and a Maori concert
- Bay of Islands cruise to Hole in the Rock from Paihia
- Auckland – the City of Sails
All of our escorted holidays to New Zealand offer exceptional value, but this doesn’t mean we compromise on the quality of your experience. Instead, we only take bookings directly from our customers, avoiding expensive travel agency commissions and allowing us to pass those savings on to you.
Hand-picked hotels, perfectly placed
Our Directors know the hotels in New Zealand inside out and have personally chosen all the accommodation throughout your New Zealand tour to ensure they meet their high standards and are in great locations.
‘Once in a lifetime’ experiences like no other…
What makes our holidays to New Zealand different from the rest, is not only will you see all the spectacular sights you’d expect, but depending on your choice of tour, you’ll get to enjoy some truly amazing experiences you might not expect to find on such a reasonably priced holiday. For example, you would not expect to enjoy a leisurely cruise on Milford Mariner as you explore the beauty of Milford Sound – yet with us, it’s included!
It’s amazing what our New Zealand tours include
- International scheduled flights
- A choice of UK departure airports
- A selection of two night outbound stopovers
- Overseas airport transfers
- Quality hotels in great locations
- Daily breakfasts worth up to £367 per person
- Experienced local Coach Captains
- Amazing excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
- Your holiday is covered by our Price Promise
Distant Journeys includes a two night stopover on your way to New Zealand in Singapore, Bangkok or Dubai. In addition to this included stopover on the way out, why not add a two-night homebound stopover in Bangkok, Dubai, Hong Kong or Singapore?
The offer includes return transfers and accommodation including full breakfast. If travelling with Singapore Airlines, you must stop over in Singapore in each direction.
Please call for details of our special offers on our New Zealand tours.