China experience and award-winning expertise
Our China tours are of the highest standard. Our Directors have a combined experience of over 60 years in the travel industry. On top of this, they’re genuine escorted touring experts who love China and know everything there is to know about creating the best China tour packages.
They are seven-time winners at the prestigious British Travel Awards and have been awarded Feefo’s highest Platinum Trusted rating.
All our escorted tours to China are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), and should Covid-19 mean we need to change your travel plans before your departure, Distant Journeys will always offer you the option to change to another tour, or to cancel your holiday with a full refund, so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
China holiday highlights
Our escorted tours to China have many and varied highlights. Below are just some you will experience on the Distant Journeys Very Best of China tour:
- Beijing – a leisurely four night stay in this fascinating city, with sightseeing in the Forbidden City and Summer Palace included
- The Great Wall – China’s most iconic sight and ample time to stroll along this engineering triumph
- Pingyao – stay in the ancient walled city and UNESCO World Heritage site of Pingyao
- The Terracotta Warriors – experience a bullet train ride to Xi’an and home of the Terracotta Army
- Li River & Yangshuo – cruise down the Li River and enjoy two nights in the idyllic resort of Yangshuo
- Giant Pandas – the national symbol of China, this Research Institute has played an important role in the preservation of pandas for nearly 30 years
- Yangtze River Cruise – spend three nights on the Yangtze, including the spectacular The Three Gorges
- Shanghai – we end our tour with four nights in China’s most cosmopolitan city
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
Distant Journeys appreciate the hotels in which you stay are an integral part of your holiday enjoyment, which is why we take great care in hand-picking all the accommodation features in our tours to China. Location and quality are always paramount considerations, and we strive to provide the best of both.
So many experiences included
Visit China with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences, at no extra cost. From strolling along the Great Wall and visiting the Forbidden City in Beijing, to a cruise along the Yangtze River, they’re all included in the price of your China tour.
Our China tours include
- Return scheduled economy class flights
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £357 per person
- Many lunches and dinners sampling regional specialities
- Experienced tour managers and local guides
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- Our Price Promise
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of China needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
It’s up to you! On our 23 day Very Best of China tour, our flights with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester. Or for a wider choice of UK regional airports choose to fly with KLM via Amsterdam. And if you prefer to fly direct you can fly from London Heathrow with British Airways. All at no extra cost. Alternatively, travel with Emirates via Dubai from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle or Glasgow for a supplement from £150 per person.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Very Best of China tour has several Freedom Days to allow you to decide how you wish to spend your time.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? If you would like to extend your stay in China after your tour, you can! Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service. Or why not choose to make the most of your homebound journey and extend your holiday in Hong Kong?
Book onto our Very Best of China tour departing from September 2021 and save £200 per person when you book by 30th November 2020. Please call our team for more information.