China experience and expertise
Our China tours are of the highest standard. Our Directors have a combined experience of over 60 years in the travel industry. On top of this, they’re genuine escorted touring experts who love China and know everything there is to know about creating the best China tour packages.
They are four-time winners at the prestigious British Travel Awards and have been awarded Feefo’s highest Gold Trusted rating.
All our escorted tours to China are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
China holiday highlights
Our escorted tours to China have many and varied highlights. Below are just some you will experience on the Distant Journeys Very Best of China tour:
- Beijing – a leisurely four night stay in this fascinating city, with sightseeing in the Forbidden City and Summer Palace included
- The Great Wall – China’s most iconic sight and ample time to stroll along this engineering triumph
- Pingyao – stay in the ancient walled city and UNESCO World Heritage site of Pingyao
- The Terracotta Warriors – experience a bullet train ride to Xi’an and home of the Terracotta Army
- Li River & Yangshuo – cruise down the Li River and enjoy two nights in the idyllic resort of Yangshuo
- Giant Pandas – the national symbol of China, this Research Institute has played an important role in the preservation of pandas for nearly 30 years
- Yangtze River Cruise – spend three nights on the Yangtze, including the spectacular The Three Gorges
- Shanghai – we end our tour with four nights in China’s most cosmopolitan city
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
Distant Journeys appreciate the hotels in which you stay are an integral part of your holiday enjoyment, which is why we take great care in hand-picking all the accommodation features in our tours to China. Location and quality are always paramount considerations, and we strive to provide the best of both.
So many experiences included
Visit China with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences, at no extra cost. From strolling along the Great Wall and visiting the Forbidden City in Beijing, to a cruise along the Yangtze River, they’re all included in the price of your China tour.
Our China tours include
- Return economy class flights with Emirates or Cathay Pacific
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £357 per person
- Many lunches and dinners sampling regional specialities
- Experienced tour managers and local guides
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- No surcharge guarantee
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of China needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
It’s up to you! On our 23 day Very Best of China tour, our flights with Emirates depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle or Glasgow. Or fly with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester Alternatively, travel direct with British Airways from London Heathrow (supplement from £219 per person). Just pick whichever one suits you best.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to still have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Very Best of China tour has several Freedom Days to allow you to decide how you wish to spend your time.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? If you would like to extend your stay in China after your tour, you can! Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service. Or why not choose to make the most of your homebound journey and extend your holiday in either Hong Kong or Dubai?
There are currently no offers available for our 2020/21 season China tours. Please check back soon for our fantastic 2021/22 season offers, or give our team a call for more details.