South African experience and expertise
Our Directors have a combined experience of over 60 years in the travel industry and are genuine South African holiday experts who know everything there is to know about creating the best escorted tours of South Africa from the UK. You can be confident that our escorted tours to South Africa are of the highest standard.
All our South African touring packages are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
South Africa holiday highlights
Escorted tours of South Africa have many and varied highlights, and below are just some you will experience on Distant Journeys South Africa tour.
- Cape Town – a leisurely 5 night stay in this beautiful city, with a fascinating sightseeing tour included
- Table Mountain – a cable car ride to the top of magnificent Table Mountain (weather permitting)
- Cape Point and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – just two of the places we visit when touring from Cape Town
- The Garden Route – enjoy breathtaking scenery, historic towns and pretty villages along this celebrated route
- Ubizane Nature Reserve experience (if selecting) – including morning and evening safaris in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve
- Durban and Pretoria – enjoy included sightseeing tours in these fascinating and diverse cities
- Rovos Rail Durban Safari (if selecting) – an all inclusive two night rail safari aboard ‘the most luxurious train in the world’
- Victoria Falls (optional extension) – spend three nights close to Victoria Falls, the world’s largest waterfall and a World Heritage site.
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
We know that your accommodation in South Africa is an extremely important part of your holiday, which is why we generally use hotels with at least a four-star rating. Not only that, but our carefully selected hotels in South Africa are situated in the best locations for you to explore.
So many experiences included
Visit South Africa with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences, at no extra cost. From riding a cable car to the top of Table Mountain and enjoying a leisurely drive along the Garden Route, to experiencing a safari in a way that suits you, they’re all included in the price of your South Africa tour.
Our South Africa tours include
- Return economy class flights
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £267 per person
- Lunches in Cape Town and en route to Port Elizabeth
- All meals on Rovos Rail (if selected)
- All meals in Ubizane Nature Reserve (if selected)
- Experienced tour managers and drivers
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- Our Price Promise
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of South Africa needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
It’s up to you! On our 18 day Spectacular South Africa tour, our flights with Emirates depart from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Birmigham, Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow. Just pick whichever one suits you best. Please ask one of our travel experts if you would like to fly with British Airways from London Heathrow.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Spectacular South Africa tour gives you the choice between a traditional two night safari in a game reserve with four included game drives, or a two night all-inclusive Durban Safari rail journey on board the luxurious Rovos Rail train.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? So why not extend your holiday by going to see the World Heritage site Victoria Falls? This optional extension to your tour includes a three night stay in the luxurious Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Or if you have family and friends in South Africa and would like to spend time with them after your tour, you can! Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service.
Book your place on our Spectacular South Africa escorted tour before 30th November 2019 and you can take advantage of one of two special launch offers.
To help break up your journey (and give you an opportunity to experience a fantastic city), enjoy a two night stopover in Dubai on the homeward journey for the very special price of just £29 per person, based on two sharing. Your offer includes two nights bed and breakfast accommodation in the deluxe Marriott al Jaddaf Hotel, and return airport – hotel transfers. Single travellers will pay £58 for this offer.
Fly direct to and from South Africa, with British Airways from London Heathrow, for only £29 per person. The usual supplement is £195 per person.
Please note: These offers only apply to tours departing from September 2020.
Find our more on our Spectacular South Africa tour