South African experience and expertise
You can be confident that our tours to South Africa are of the highest standard, as our Directors have a combined experience of over 60 years in the travel industry. On top of this, they’re genuine South African experts who love this destination and know everything there is to know about creating the best tours of South Africa from the UK.
All our South African touring packages are fully-bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL no. 10913), so you can be 100% certain that your money is secure when you book.
South Africa holiday highlights
Escorted tours of South Africa have many and varied highlights, and below are just some you will experience on Distant Journeys South Africa tour.
- Cape Town – a leisurely 5 night stay in this beautiful city, with a fascinating sightseeing tour included
- Table Mountain – a cable car ride to the top of magnificent Table Mountain (weather permitting)
- Cape Point and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – just two of the places we visit when touring from Cape Town
- The Garden Route – enjoy breathtaking scenery, historic towns and pretty villages along this celebrated route
- Ubizane Nature Reserve experience (if selecting) – including morning and evening safaris in Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve
- Durban and Pretoria – enjoy included sightseeing tours in these fascinating and diverse cities
- Rovos Rail Durban Safari (if selecting) – an all inclusive two night rail safari aboard ‘the most luxurious train in the world’
- Victoria Falls (optional extension) – spend three nights close to Victoria Falls, the world’s largest waterfall and a World Heritage site.
To find our more about South Africa as a destination, please visit South African Tourism’s website.
Providing exceptional value while maintaining the highest standards is at the heart of everything we do.
We know that your accommodation in South Africa is an extremely important part of your holiday, which is why we generally use hotels with at least a four-star rating. Not only that, but our carefully selected hotels in South Africa are situated in the best locations for you to explore.
So many experiences included
Visit South Africa with Distant Journeys, and you’ll enjoy so many incredible experiences, at no extra cost. From riding a cable car to the top of Table Mountain and enjoying a leisurely drive along the Garden Route, to experiencing a safari in a way that suits you, they’re all included in the price of your South Africa tour.
Our South Africa tours include
- Return economy class flights with South African Airways from London Heathrow
- A choice of UK departure airports at no additional cost
- Airport transfers overseas
- Superior hotels, with great locations
- Daily breakfast included, worth up to £229 per person
- Lunches in Cape Town and en route to Port Elizabeth
- All meals on Rovos Rail (if selected)
- All meals in Ubizane Nature Reserve (if selected)
- Experienced tour managers and drivers
- Incredible excursions
- All pre-payable airport taxes
- All hotel porterage
- ATOL protection for your holiday
- Our Price Promise
At Distant Journeys, we think we’ve found the perfect balance of freedom and flexibility that every escorted tour of South Africa needs.
Where would you like to fly from?
It’s up to you! On our 18 day Spectacular South Africa tour, our flights with South African Airways depart from London Heathrow, but you can add on a connecting flight at no additional cost from any of the following airports: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle, Manchester or Leeds Bradford. Just pick whichever one suits you best. Please ask one of our travel experts if you would like to fly with British Airways from London Heathrow.
What would you like to do?
On an escorted tour, we think it’s important to have the flexibility to enjoy experiences that really interest you. And our Spectacular South Africa tour gives you the choice between a traditional two night safari in a game reserve with four included game drives, or a two night all-inclusive Durban Safari rail journey on board the luxurious Rovos Rail train.
Would you like to stay a little longer?
Who wouldn’t? So why not extend your holiday by going to see the World Heritage site Victoria Falls? This optional extension to your tour includes a three night stay in the luxurious Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Or if you have family and friends in South Africa and would like to spend time with them after your tour, you can! Arranging flights for you to accommodate this is all part of the service.
Special Offer – Save up to £236 per couple
If you book a Spectacular South Africa tour by the 28th February 2019, departing after 18th September 2019, you will be able to enjoy two fantastic full day excursions for just £29 per person. There’s a full day excursion to the wonderful Cape Winelands and another full day excursion to the Cango Caves and Oudtshoorn. These excursions would normally cost £147 per person, so by booking now you can put that money to good use – maybe on a different optional excursion or perhaps some delicious South African food and wine?
Find our more on our Spectacular South Africa tour