If there’s one thing you must do in Auckland if you love sailing, it’s an Americas Cup Sailing experience. Feel the thrill of sailing an authentic America’s Cup yacht when you take the helm to help steer on course or work hard on the grinders to hoist the mainsail.
During this hands-on sailing adventure on Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour you’ll discover the excitement of sailing these impressive vessels. They were once part of the action of the America’s Cup, the worlds’ oldest active sports trophy and most prestigious sailing regatta.
An Americas Cup sailing excursion in Auckland allows you to get involved on the grinders, steer from the helm and find out what it takes to get one of these race yachts moving.
Don’t worry, you’ll also have the chance to relax with the wind in your face as you sit back and chat to the professional crew about the techniques, tactics and principles of sailing these boats. And take the opportunity to see the contrast of natural landscapes and city skyscrapers that line the harbour from the best view in town.
• Please wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes
• Please check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure. Participation is not compulsory if you prefer to sit back and watch the action
• The experience includes a full safety briefing before departure
• Lifejackets will be supplied
• In wet weather rain jackets will also be provided